Tuesday, February 17, 2009

What's the Difference?

What's the difference between a "real pro" and MFK?  Well (no pun intended) while I sit and rot in front of a computer screen waiting to ride 2hrs in an hour long lunch period*, real pros are just riding.  This is an excerpt from Todd Wells' blog.
In case you can't see it, it reads and I paraphrase " I have 2 days left to hit 27 hours." I'm going to try to hit 18 hours this week. Todd is doing 33% more hours than me, plus he's in the gym, playing with his dog, and being a husband. Furthermore, I've never ridden 27 hours in a week in my life, I think I did 24 one time. That was because I accidentally rode to Estes Park and back from Boulder.

* There is a rip in the space time continuum just outside my office, time slows for everyone except me while I'm riding my bike. However to the casual observer time appears to be normal. For me the day actually lengthens allowing me to ride my bike more without any disturbance to the work day. Oh I wish people would get on board with the String theory and once and for all tie Einsteins' Theory and Quantum Mechanics together. 

3 comments:

Sandblogger said...

I like your space-time rip. I need that around lunch. I can drive 30 min to a place where I won't get shot or run over by a cement truck driven by an illegal immigrant, then ride for 2 hours, go into a friends house for a shower, then drive back. I need the 3:1 ratio rip.

Sandblogger said...

Quit your job...then you can be like todd. Not sure how you would afford 2 week trips in Mexico and spring in Arizona though.

MFK said...

I get the 3:1 Ratio rip every time I eat salmon and drink red wine.