Saturday, February 28, 2009

Bubba Treats me Right! (outside the prison walls)

Sorry kids the casserole had to wait. I made a stop by Yeti Cycles yesterday afternoon, just to pick up a fork for my hard tail bike. (My 80 mm fork I currently have is a lot like me, hopelessly undersized)  I have often said the longest distance between two points is Taiwan and Golden Colorado.  I think the ship that brings the bike to the States adopts the theory of Columbus " I will go East by sailing West." I think they also stop at some secret strip club in the middle of the Pacific and get wasted for a couple of days.  I know it exists, the strip club that is. I have spent hours on Google Earth scouring the Southern Pacific. There are way too many small islands that have low resolution, thats got to be the reason. Wouldn't want to catch a ships captain in a compromising situation! Anyway my Full Suspension ASR Carbon has arrived, with the faint smell of perfume I might add.  Here is a cool pick of what I call the Frame Chapel
It's quite a sight, a couple hundred grand of caged carbon and aluminum just waiting to be set free.  Here is my beast.  It was kind of like picking a Puppy out of the litter, um here is a hundred frames, let it pick you grasshopper.

Bubba, my source at Yeti also dialed me with some tires to try out.  I also ran in to the probably one of the fastest guys in Colorado you've never heard of and a friend Timo182, and Grand Joe from Yeti. It was a good afternoon.  Check out the Race counter it changed, I know something you don't know. 

2 comments:

Sandblogger said...

The Burn Back on? Brock told me it was likely off for the year.

Sandblogger said...

Ooooh I see what U talking about. Good call!