Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Wee Bit' of A Challenge

To keep consistency in my training, and avoid volume vacillations that could derail my form, I need to have at least 15 hrs this week. Normally thats not that hard, given you can get 8 of em on a weekend. I went a little crazy last week and logged 17 and change, I wasn't going to ride Sunday but I had to try my new MTB powertap and that added 2 hrs. (yawn...., I know) This week is uncooperative to say the least.


If the roads stay clear, I can get my lunch rides in and hopefully at least one or two dusk rides I can make it. I need to avoid the trainer at all costs, last night was miserable.   Denver weather people really have no clue what is going on so I got that going for me.

4 comments:

Sandblogger said...

Ooooohh. MTB powertap. I'm curious to know if it's helpful. It seems like the power spread would be so great every sample, that it would be hard to know what you are actually putting out. I have a hard enough time keeping my power consistent on the road!

15 hours on the weekend...!you suck.

Sandblogger said...

Take out the cross bike man. Who needs a darn trainer!

MFK said...

Get the cyclingpeaks software sooooo much better at figuring out what your ptap is telling you.

Sandblogger said...

I'm waiting for WKO to be integrated into my training peaks account. Supposed to be soonish.