Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Upcoming Muffin Testing

I've decided to test my muffins resilience to common office supplies. They test will consist of dropping various items from a fixed height on to the said muffin. For those of you following the blog you will remember my muffin has been gaining strength (hardness) over the past couple of weeks.
The current impact items are ipod charger, calculator, and the big-gun, the stapler. I've got a heavy Swingline I found in the office supply room. This puppy is close to 20 years old.

The test is scheduled for Friday, clear your calendars.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

For your next experiment maybe you should see how many "standard" muffins you can get into a Proctor mold using the standard method and then the modified method with a four inch mold.

MFK said...

Yes the old Standard Vs. Modified Proctor Standard Vs. Modified Muffin Test. My muffin is sufficiently dry. I wonder if moisture content would effect the result? I need to test my muffin for plasticity, any suggestions?

Anonymous said...

Moisture would definitely have an effect. You would want to run at least three points. This could take a lot of muffins by the time you're done. For plasticity, the plastic limit test would be easy enough and interesting to watch. Liquid limit with a muffin could be challenging. Probably need to do that one with the raw dough.