Thursday, May 28, 2009

Bring On Trogdor

The upcoming Burnt MTB Time Trial to be held at Buffalo Creek this Saturday (BMTBTTXC for short) has a fairly wicked climb at the end. It is close 3 miles of uphill at what I would guess is 8-9% grade. It was recently named Trogdor the Buninator. I'm feeling pretty good, my less is more approach to training seems to be working. Sunday I had my highest 1, 5 and 20 minute powers recorded. Too bad the Koppenberg was cancelled, I would have crushed the climb. I don't really pay much attention to heart rate for training, but I do know that once it hits certain point the clock is ticking before meltdown. That usually was around 163 for me, at 159 I cool for an hour, two more beats and I'm toast in 5 minutes. (FYI, Heart Rate, everybody's got one) Lately that has shifted by 10 beats allowing me to surf the 165 for a time and punch the 170's. This could be what it feels like to come in to form?

Trogdor and I have a 400 watt date in a day and a half, and I don't think he's going to like what's for dinner.

2 comments:

Sandblogger said...

I don't think I'm gonna meet Trogdor again this year. I'm feeling better, but my power readings are low enough that I would have to start in the back of the Sport Field to not get run over...

jeff s said...

BURNNNINAAATEEE!!!!