Thursday, May 7, 2009

It's just some little race

The Battle of the Bear is shaping up to be quite a thing.  It is just some little  race at a local park in Colorado. You don't even need a fancy license to attend, and it's entry fee is minimal compared to other series.  But I just checked the pre-reg and here is what we got. Two Bejing Olympians, A National Cross Champion, and World Cup cross contender. A U23 national team member, and an assortment of local mutants that if the time is right can show anyone how to ride a bike. Then there is me who is just getting in the way.  Maybe I shouldn't feel so bad about sucking. Do you think if you go to a race in Ohio these folks would show up? I'm beginning to think any Colorado race should get a little more weight in the points scoring.

3 comments:

jeff said...

I've heard down oregon-way there's actually a chance a semi-normal-type-racer-guy can actually compete. I may head out that way and see if its true.

MFK said...

That;s because Adam Craig will probably be here this weekend!

Sandblogger said...

I laugh at all these clowns talking about their big state-wide race series where the have 5 people in the combined pro/semi pro class. Being a pro in CO is just a wee bit tougher.

BTW you can add me to the list of incredible athletes as well. Looks like 12 HOMV is out for me...