Thursday, March 12, 2009

Who's Gettin' My Muffin?


Attention: This is an actual post about cycling and contains somewhat boring information on power based training.  There is no better way to end a 20 hr week than with a 20  minute TT. (Really don't try it)  Last Sunday I did my first official road TT.  I have no TT gear so I looked pretty stupid out there, or did I look normal and the rest were stupid? It became very apparent that even at amateur levels, aero gear is an advantage. Anyway I got second in CAT 5, I don't get it I'm a pro off-road but Cat 5 on-road? TT's are a little hard for me, I don't feel like going hard until it's almost over. The results are a little suspect they listed then in 24hr time by your finish time. So in theory finish time minus start time is your time. But start times were delayed so it's anybodies guess.  No matter, I looked at it as a Functional Threshold Power Test.  I sent my power file to an "expert" and let him determine my FTP.  I'm up 10 watts in the last month 0r close to 5%. Thats pretty good for trained individuals.  I had to re-calibrate my power levels, from here on out everything gets harder.  I'm off work tommorow, I wonder who is going to eat my muffin?

2 comments:

Sandblogger said...

You doing the Retro class? That's fun stuff right there.

Anonymous said...

dude you should post your power profile. that would be super the hotness. glad to hear your hand aint broke.JF