Monday, March 23, 2009

Shin Tanner

I was walking around my neighborhood and I realized I had a ridiculous tan.  I guess that separates a cyclist from someone who rides their bike.  I have the normal farmer tan, but I also have two tan spots on my forehead. I tell people it's the scars from removing my horns. I also have very tan calves with a zebra stripe of knee warmers and long socks. Perhaps the strangest thing is pasty white shins. They seem to be sheltered from any UV from my thighs, or perhaps the constant headwinds I ride in prevent sun-burn.  So I mocked up a prototype reflector to concentrate the suns rays on my shins. It would strap to my thighs and project outwards beyond my knees.  It would have some sort of gyroscopic immobilizer to isolate the reflector from the leg movement.  IT might look a little silly at first but fashion is a bitch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

forgot to take my socks to spin class today. Started teaching only to realize that three gradients of tan exist on the legs right now. The pasty white of my ankles was blinding compared to the semi sun seeing shins...