Friday, March 6, 2009

If My Brain Was a Bicycle Shop Floor

In an attempt to gain insight to the workings of the complex super computer that is MFK's cortex I offer you simple visual aids.
Take for example this picture, at first it is a jumbled mass of cycling paraphernalia. On the surface it has no structure, no purpose, no direction. It seems to only exist to take up space.  That is probably what most people see when they meet me.  Oddly enough thats what I want them to see, it's a clever camouflage really. Upon closer examination of this pile the physical properties of each item allowed for minute relational differences between each others spacial arrangement. The flat items worked their way to the bottom. Small malleable items, in this case fork seals, filled in the small gaps. The more angular items habitate the periphery, as if to contain the "wildness" Something about the tires that always float to the surface, same as in landfills.  When I walked in to the shop yesterday I had a laundry list of items needed for my bike build. Everything I needed was in this pile, no matter how random. Just because I seem random, not serious, or do things in a different way don't think that I'm not on top of my shit for 1 second.

No comments: