Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Race Simulation - Save the Date


I will be conducting the first MFK sponsored race simulation this Saturday at Green Mountain.

11:00 at the Rooney Road Parking Lot. We or just I will ascend the fire road following it all the way to the Antenna, then descend down that one trail, across to the new water tank, contour around to the new swithcbacky trail (the one that killed the best descent in the Park) back to the top road to Box-o-rocks down that thing, back to the fire road and down to the bridge. Variation will be accepted,but this probably will be dry. Maybe that back trail behind the road would be better? Could be snowy?

The goal is to do 3 minutes with my nuts above my eyelballs, 7 minutes with my nuts in my throat, 1o minutes with my nuts in the chest area, and the balance with my nuts in my FUPA. I think this should be an hour, I'd like 1.5 somehow. 

Rules: we have to be somewhat courteous to others. Uphill traffic needs to be given minimum quarter, no buzzing hikers, and no dick moves on the climbs. I would suggest stealth kits, or kits of team you don't like.

For those of you doing Rabbit Valley, I have made a detailed course map.



4 comments:

Jordan said...

At least you presented a map of the general course area, I can't get Keith to tell me more than "go on that road for a while, then turn on the singletrack and head back" nonsense, not to mention my fear that the pros will be dodging cat 1 women at high speeds coming back to the koko trail.
Your race sim sounds fun, but I'll be doing it on (what I think is) the real course this weekend.

MFK said...

Jordan, I'd be curious to hear your report. I'm intrested in how many off bike experiences you have, and if there are any Pucker Factor rock sections. I probably won't get to pre-ride. Its hard to pre-ride a course like that the day before,it ends up being a 3 hr ride!

Sandblogger said...

That map looks perfect. I think Darner'd approve. I'll do that with you on Sat. I still have my Team Evergreen jersey to wear.

Jordan said...

Wow the course is harder than last year. "Sufferfest" comes to mind. It took about 2:45 with a good amount of looking around wondering if we were going the right way. Everything is rideable going down, but some short steep hills going to the mesa require a run up. It's like a road race on the koko, then a cyclocross race to get to the mesa, then a fun mtn trail on the mesa, and then a road TT coming back to trail 2.