Sunday, April 12, 2009

Race Report, sort of.

The race simulation went well for at least an hour. I got to the top of that good for nothing fire road in 10 minutes and then settled in to another high quality 10 minute pain session on single track. After wrapping around the park and another climb I descended the box of rocks trail, where I simulated the disappointment of feeling good in a race and then exploding a tire.



I then simulated CO2 exploding in my hand, given the hole pictured above, no flat kit was really going to help me. I then simulated my fall trail running activities to run, walk, and but slide to the closest parking lot to beg for any type of help.  I then simulated what it would feel like to have some strange older man drive me home.  I kept my helmet on in the car, just in case I had to defend myself.  At home I simulated insanity by trying to get my tire to bolt up with an inch long slice in it.  I then simulated being homeless by digging in my dumpster to retrieve the tubeless tire I threw away the night before.  I then had a 15 minute out loud conversation with my self on the merits of continuing my ride or sitting on my couch the rest of the day.  In the end I got back out on the MTB for about 3 more hours. I worked on some much needed MTB skills.  I'd say the cumulative ride and stress simulated a full out race effort for 2 hrs, complete with post race coma, and feeling like ass the next day.  I was so glad it started to rain in the middle of my ride, it was a perfect excuse to watch golf.

2 comments:

Sandblogger said...

What'd I tell you about the sworks tire...? new tire every week under their plan.

A^T said...

so it went well? how come Scooter didn't help you out? I thought he was there for support?!