Friday, April 3, 2009

Performance Management Chart

For those of you out there that train with power, and use Cycling Peaks WKO, let me tell you I am sold on the Performance Management Chart.
The "Yellow" is supposed to be your Chronic Training Load, meaning how much your buildup of training over the season has been, and how much it is making you "Tired". The pink/fusia whatever color is your Acute Training Load, how much you have done this week/block etc. The fun blue line is your balance, representing fitness. Ideally if you balance rest, intensity, and volume you become trained. I have a high TSB, and my CTL is creeping up in to positive territory. The more negative, the more fatigued you are. I'm trying to raise the CTL while keeping the TSB somewhat flat.  Where all those lines intersected last week, I felt pretty darn good.  If I keep massaging my TSB with a little ATL while raising my CTL I will be an animal. The only problem is I haven't been on the MTB in 3 weeks, mostly because of my hand and the mini ice-age that has descended upon the front  range. So that means I'll probably jack up most of the tech sections in the next race.  Maybe next week will have some good windows to work on some skills. A dozen times through Dakota Ridge ought to kill me or get me dialed. 

Going up this part is the "Stuff of Dreams" it is proceeded by the Log Steps of Agonizing  Death. Going down this part is Proceeded by the Derailleur and Crank Grinding V-Notch of Virility, or the Tool Breaker for short, only to see the Log Steps smiling at you.  I remember riding this on my Nishiki Alien with a RockShox Mag 10, and Cantilever breaks in 1998.  It is somewhat more manageable now with Full Suspension, disk breaks, and 100MM of front travel. I was also like 21, and didn't yet understand just how hard rocks were.  It takes a separated shoulder or two, and a good helmet cracking experience to really bring this point home. Wow this is a really long post!  Maybe as I type I'm feeling better about my life?  Bike memories will do that to you. Bad day, ride your bike. Girl cheats on you or otherwise plays you for the fool, ride your bike. Job sucks, ride your bike. Blizzard this Saturday, eff it I think I'll ride my bike.  

No comments: