Friday, April 24, 2009

3-2-1 Contact

It all started with sweet pickles and 3-2-1 contact. Smart moms know how kids minds grow upon sweet pickles.  Well that’s what the commercials said. When I was a kid I was sick a lot, and stayed home a lot. I like to think that PBS sculpted my mind 3-2-1 Contact was my favorite show, and then when we sprung for cable Mr. Wizard and me were pals.  That kind of educational backbone and pedigree got me in to one of the best engineering schools in the country.  I managed to get a respectable GPA, while only attending 50% of my classes.  I wanted to share with you that how this week all my accumulated knowledge was utilized. For 40 hrs of documented work here is what I have to show for the week in “Real Work”

I copied numbers from one column of an Excel sheet to another column in the same Excel sheet. I then renamed the column heading, and bolded the sum total of the column.  I then emailed this sheet. I guess I don't feel too bad, my cube mate is packaging his golf clubs he just sold on Ebay. 

Use the following tutorial if you need to do some copy and paste action.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure that you already know this but... ctrl c for copy, ctrl v for past and ctrl b for bold... what will you do with all that extra time I just saved you? My vote is knit me some pot holders, maybe a hat.

MFK said...

I don't like short-cuts

Sandblogger said...

Yup. our parents must be so proud to know what an engineering education has prepared us for. You will soon be a professional blogger, and I will be a purveyor of worthless knowledge....ahhh life is grand.