Friday, April 3, 2009

If you're furry you might die.

So my office put all these fancy Portable Electronic Defibrillators all over the place.  I think I'm the only one to notice them.  So I dld what any man would do, I took it in the restroom and read the directions on the toilet. Well to be fair to men I didn't actually read the directions.  I just looked at the pictures.
In the "Ready Kit" I found some interesting things. Rubber gloves, seems cool. Now when I have to lube my chain at work I know where to go to keep my hands clean. Scissors, I presume to cut your clothes off. Finally a Bic Shaver. 
This peaked my interest. So I read up on Acute Heart failure. Apparently If I can shock you within 3 minutes of you hitting the deck, you have a 75% chance of living. Every minute after that it drops by 7-10%.  So since no one has read the directions, except me here is what I calculate your % chance of living is.  
 1. You hit the deck, everyone looks around and each other for a minute. - 1 minute
2. Someone figures out that you are all jacked up. -1 minute
3. Super Panic, someone might actually check you pulse and breathing -2 minutes, total to 4. You are down to 65%.
4. Go get that Defribillator thing, the what, the thing, where, the kitchen, what, get the darn thing - 2 minute down to 45%
5. Open the ready kit, whats all this crap shaver, what am I going to do with this? 35%
6. Charge the machine 25%
7. Shave the victim, seriously that shaver isn't going to remove crap. The victim will probably bleed to death. 15%
8. Pull out the electrodes and shock the crap out of you, leaving you to 5%.


Good thing I read the directions, the only problem is no one can find me or the machine, because I'm on the toilet with it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet you could cook lunch with that thing. Probably heats up food faster than the microwave, plus you don't have to wait in line.
Actual chances that someone besides you will remember to get the defibrillator out of the kitchen if anyone codes up in an area that is not the kitchen.... not so good. I have an AED trainer if you'd like to pretend shock people... "analyzing rhythm, shock advised stand clear"jf

MFK said...

Dude, the micro in my office I swear is the atomic heart of a cold war era sub. I have dubbed it the pop-corn slayer. I shit you not it is incredible, anything your micro at home can do in 8 minutes, mine can do in two. I usually dare people to cook something for more than seven minutes, no takers yet. They respect the slayer.