Friday, June 19, 2009

Up the Butte

Up to the Crested Butte that is for a weekend of racing. They have created a new course that I believe is a a little shorter than the standard course. It involves quite a bit of new singletrack. I'm generally not a fan of fresh single in a race environment. It typically is soft, bumpy, and filled with random sawed off logs. The good news is the Pros ride late in the day, allowing for it to get ridden in by others. The bad news is it is late in the day. I'm betting we got through a thunderstorm or two. I'm ready, nothing can be worse than Telluride in 2007. I had full on hypothermia at the end of 3 hrs in rain and hail. On a positive not I get my prescription sunglasses today. I'm looking forward to the descent. Usually when I get up to about 20MPH everything goes fuzzy. It is as if I'm constantly viewing the trail as if it were some bastardization of Van Gogh's, Starry Night.
.

My glasses are pretty rad. Normally your stuck with three gaper styles for sunglasses, unless you want to spend $500 plus on some Oakleys. This dude at Sports Optical can pretty much make any sunglass a prescription. He remakes the entire lens,no corny insert.


I was able to use one of my 10 pairs of Optic Nerves and convert them, fairly cheaply. The best part is I have three frame styles that hold the new lenses. One for each of my personalities.



1 comment:

Maria said...

Hey, I don't have your email address but I thought of you when I saw this link (I don't know if that's good or bad). I figured since you're always doing crazy things at your office, maybe this would be a blogworthy experiment you could undertake.
http://www.traipse.com/thing_in_a_jar/