Monday, June 22, 2009

Not sure yet

I'm going to give it a day or two before I talk about the Crested Butte race. I might write something angry. I will say my prediction of crappy fresh-cut single track was right on target. Not to say it was poorly done, just it is never a good idea to race on fresh stuff. The 3 hrs of rain during the whole race sure didn't help much. I never understand peoples constant drive to fix what aint broke. The standard race courses are adequate lengths, on well established trails, and provide enough challenge in a race environment.

2 comments:

A^T said...

I'll say that the freshly cut single track was AWESOME when it was dry. Starting the races after noon was the worst idea EVER. It's like saying "I'm going to climb a 14'ner at 1pm." You'd get a look like you're wanting to die.

MFK said...

I guess you were in to choose your own adventure books as a kid.