Friday, June 5, 2009

Big Poppa's Stir Fry EPO

So I've had some unidentifiable nasal crud for the last couple of days. My head feels like the image of the Grinch that Stole Christmas. You know the part when his heart grows three sizes and breaks the the box around it. Yeah, just like that but it's my head. I'd like to think this setup shop in my body last Saturday when I SDFL the Burn TT. Anyway, its been tough to ride. I tried weds. but after four minutes of a 20 minute interval I almost threw myself off Lookout to end my suffering.

All day Thursday at work, I was not looking forward to riding. I then thought what would I do if I hung up the bike all together. I guess I would talk to 50% more women, so that would be 50*0. After deciding to ride the couch for the evening I popped in Notorius and whipped up some Stir-Fry. That's when it hit the urban beats of Big Poppa and the Spicy Stir-Fry must have triggered a chemical response in my body. I was drawn to my bicycle. This must be what Salmon feel when it's time to swim up stream. It was a quarter to 8 and I was going riding, and a ride it was. I stood up 80% of the time crushing big gears. There was a concert at Red Rocks. I must have freaked a thousand drunk and high people out as I weaved through the throng at 40 mph's. Even though I had a steady trail of snot running out my nose, it felt good!

I guess you got to get to your lowest, before you get to your highest. Thanks Big Poppa.

1 comment:

Sandblogger said...

Ahhh the goo. My gloves are darn near neon green permanently as a result of that vile crap. I threw away my road gloves figuring the snot wiper had reached biohazard levels.

Going to WP this weekend?