Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Sorry no Pictures

On my drive to work this morning, I saw a complete cycling abomination. I oppose the use of the Camelback in almost all situations. In my mind the only acceptable use is some all day riding in dessert locations such as Moab or Fruita. Local trails, are you ever that far from your car or a water source? Road bike what are you thinking? Todays subject of my wrath was commuting to work. He was in full winter like gear, the mornings are chilly but it was still 60 out. Neon windbreaker, you know how I feel about those. HUGE backpack, ant two water bottles. HIs bike looked like a trail mix of reflectors, mirrors, and LED blinkers. This gets me back on track with the Camelback. Where do you wear it if you already have a backpack on? Frontways was his answer. I almost drove off the road when I saw this. I'm going to stop wearing my glasses when I drive so I cant see these disturbing details anymore.

3 comments:

Sandblogger said...

That's awesome. Maybe that's how the famous "things were going well until my foot got stuck in my camelback" comment was born.

A^T said...

I think I saw that same dude at GMS last night. Or maybe it's becoming a sickening trend!!!!!

sked said...

Excuse me, but that's no longer a Camelbak. It's now a Camelbelly or a Camelgut.

In his defense (not that he probably deserves any), maybe he was on some sort of cross country epic. At least he was riding.