Thursday, July 9, 2009

Puking Profile

With all of my technology, power meter, GPS, hr monitor, weaponized water bottles, and chain ring flame throwers, I was finally able to capture the exact moment of exercise induced vomiting.

I've been watching the Tour De France and noticed Mark Cavendesh bends so low in the sprints that he nearly licks his front wheel. I gave it a try in my interval session last night. The good thing is I shattered my previous 30 second powers. The bad thing is I interrupted the putting practice of several seniors at Bear Creak Golf Course. After my final rep my arms were numb, my breathing was asthmatic, but my stomach had a apocalyptic, unbelievably deep and powerful guttural growl. Needless to say I now know what 700 watts looks like in liquid format. The yellow circle is the moment of impact,just when my heart was able to direct blood back to my stomach. Todd Wells would blog about puking after an interval session that way he knew he was pinning it. Thank God I had my hand sanitizer.

No comments: