Tuesday, July 21, 2009

My Driving Rant

So I merge from 6th Ave to I25 everyday and it just amazes me that slow traffic is almost always because nobody can merge. Exhibit 1. You have one mile to merge from I25 to Santa Fe, why must 95% of the people accomplish this in the first 100 feet. The problem is so severe people actually stop as if they are making a left turn. I usually drive 55 for this mile while everyone is stopped and merge effortlessly.


I used to go North on I-25 and no one could fathom that there was two lanes on the fly-over, again magic, 55 mph to effortless merge. I mean civil engineers are generally smart people. The roads have a higher capacity if we use them correctly. Then again my commute is easier if you / they never figure it out.


1 comment:

Sandblogger said...

Same crap on my evergreen parkway/I70 merge. You have 2 lanes AND 2 miles to get up to 65mph, yet everyone putzes at 45 the whole way, then they shoot across the white line into the far left lane (there are 5 lanes here...) stopping all flow and nearly killing everyone. I launch by in the right lane at 70 and merge a mile ahead....stupid.