Monday, July 27, 2009

The Giant of the Front Range

So Saturday I did a Tour stage with Scottytime. Somehow we got the bright idea of riding to the Top of Mt. Evans from lakewood. I'm not even sure how many miles that is, but its a couple horizontally and vertically. Seeing how I like to look good on my bike, we opted to drop a car at the ranger station with all of out winter gear and food. I'd recommend this to all, you know you just look dumb with all your crap crammed in to your pockets. The start was nice, fairly warm, which is good when your going to 14,000 feet. No problems getting up to and over Squaw pass to the ranger station. We kitted up and started the climb. Unfortunately we turned around no to far from Summit lake. Neither one of us are a fan of near zero visibility and rain above tree-line. We turned around and did our best to enhance drivers views on cyclists, by that I mean we rode 20 mph over the speed limit an a passed cars on double-yellow. Back at the car drop I dumped my clothes and Scotty, he was doing a crit the next day so 4 hrs was enough for him. Me, I wanted to really get to know the saddle so I continued on bike. Maybe not the best idea. I was chased by the rain monster all the way back to Evergreen, I only got sprinkled on but the down pour was never more than 10 feet behind me. Towards the end I decided I was going to make it 100 miles. This involved searching out every inch of Bear Creek Lake park to pack on distance. I even ducked in to some single track on the road bike for an extra quarter mile. When it was all said and done 101 miles 6 hrs and 51 minutes.

This is also the most boring post to date. It's hard to get creative and clever when you haven't done crap at work for a week.

2 comments:

Sandblogger said...

god...your blog sounds as bad as mine.

how is your file cabinet project going?

Hill Ellis said...

you still are the funniest person i know.