Thursday, November 12, 2009

Benefit Of the Doubt?


Back Story:
So I got new tires today, some phat snow eating Blizzaks. I hope Yoda was right about the snow year, I can't wait to put them to the test on Vail Pass. Anyway when my car was finished I swung by the tire shop on my lunch ride to pick up my car. Naturally I was in full spandex kit and helmet, and parked my bike in plain site.

The Setup:

The Hot Blonde tire manager commented on my outfit. She says "That's quite a little outfit that your wearing" Naturally I commented back " Yeah, its my racquet-ball uniform" and " I got wear a helmet when I play because I hit the walls alot." She says without missing a beat " Oh, you play raquetball, that sounds fun."

The Dilemma:
Was she that quick witted to play along, or did she really think it was a racquet ball uniform?
I have my thoughts, partly because I was charged a tire disposal fee for tires I didn't throw away. Either way I did get a free oil change, must have been the spandex.


2 comments:

Steve said...

Seriously? If she was at all quick witted "that sounds like fun" would be the last words out of her mouth. That's what I tell my kid when I want her to shut up and go away.

sked said...

That's a huge benefit (I'm guessing the hot blonde part had a lot to do with that) with a lot of doubt. But seriously, you play racquetball? We should get together some time and play. I can help you learn how not to run into the walls.