Thursday, November 26, 2009

Arthur Bryant's

Since I am in Kansas City I couldn't help but sample some of the finest Barbecue in the world. An enormous debate rages inside my stomach as to what is better Gates or Arthur Bryant's. I'll say for ambiance and authenticity, Arthur Bryant's is the leader. I mean the pit master is named Bacon.
Lets start with this sign, I counted 71 just one half of the seating area, not including staff.
YAlign Rightou get to look at this as you wait in line.


Now this is a PIT, it takes a minimum of 40 years to develop the necessary black crust.



Meat pile, no effing around here. I wouldn't recommend suggesting tofu to these guys. That's not dirt around the pit,that's flavor!

Behind the Scenes, yes that is a trash can full of fries.


Burnt Ends Open Face sandwich, bitches. You know you want it.



Gate's Barbecue is Friday, still my favorite.










1 comment:

Sandblogger said...

Nice. KC BBQ at the source. I'm jealous.