Wednesday, October 14, 2009

MFK for Africa

So today may be the most exciting day I've had in a while. I committed to going to Africa for two weeks +. Uganda and the surrounding area specifically. The trip is 50% Peace Corps type stuff and 50% survivor man style full on Safari. Don't laugh yet. I need to raise 3 grand, and I'm hitting all you up!

Should be interesting, estimate building and labor materials for an indigenous schoolhouse structure some 8ooo miles away. Is there an app for that?

4 comments:

Jeffrey Stutsman said...

First off, Seriously? Awesome. Second, get me a details link/donate page etc, and I'll repost it for all seven of my readers too.

MFK said...

Keep you posted. Fundraising will probably kick-off in Nov. I wonder if Jennifer Connolly is still there form Blood Diamond?

Anonymous said...

You'll love it. This isn't a scam to raise money to go buy a wife is it? Either way I'll give you some cash.
Joe

MFK said...

Really just a fishing trip for the Lake Victoria Giant Perch. They really destroyed the diversity in that body of water.