Monday, August 10, 2009

Not Recommended

I wouldn't recommend this if you are married or live with your girlfriend. However, seeing how the closest I get to women is the internet, it's not really a big deal for me. My bike has had a mystery creak for a month or so. I was convinced some sort of uni-cellular life form was living in my pedals. It is most likely unknown to science, living off of Pedro's grease and trapped dust. Sunday morning I deemed it necessary to clean everything. This is when I let you know my front porch gets direct sunlight and promptly heats up to foot scorching temperatures, thus I decided to do the work in an air-conditioned climate, my kitchen.



It worked out well, endless supply of hot, soapy water and coffee. I also had the sprayer nozzle to blast away grit and grime. In the end I had a gleaming drive train, pedals, and pivot points. The creak is gone, but my garbage disposal now has the creak.

1 comment:

Sandblogger said...

I'd love to try that one sometime. After the unfortunate slaying, I wonder if she'd be kind enough to bury me with my clean and shiny bike?