Monday, June 22, 2009

Not sure yet

I'm going to give it a day or two before I talk about the Crested Butte race. I might write something angry. I will say my prediction of crappy fresh-cut single track was right on target. Not to say it was poorly done, just it is never a good idea to race on fresh stuff. The 3 hrs of rain during the whole race sure didn't help much. I never understand peoples constant drive to fix what aint broke. The standard race courses are adequate lengths, on well established trails, and provide enough challenge in a race environment.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll say that the freshly cut single track was AWESOME when it was dry. Starting the races after noon was the worst idea EVER. It's like saying "I'm going to climb a 14'ner at 1pm." You'd get a look like you're wanting to die.

MFK said...

I guess you were in to choose your own adventure books as a kid.